Effective Starting: May 25, 2018
Last Updated: June 21, 2018
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Information You Provide
1.1.1 Account and Profile Information. We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, or make purchases through the Services. We may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address.
1.1.2 Payment Information. When you add your financial account information to your account and purchase our services, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems (we do not know users’ credit card numbers); however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
1.1.3 Communications. If you contact us directly through email or when you open a support ticket on our site, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
1.2 Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
1.2.1 Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, landing page, and referring URL.
1.2.2 Your Use of The Services. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your utilization of our Services. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Services, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information. We may use your personally identifiable information for any of the following purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and provide you with service and support
- to analyze site usage and to improve the website and service
- to track your use of our services
- to notify you of changes to our website, to our agreements, or our products and services
- to contact you about your account
- to offer you new products and services that we believe may interest you
- to allow us to suspend or terminate your account, if necessary
2.2 For Research and Development. We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated, and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services.
2.3 For Customer Support. We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
2.4 For Compliance Purpose. We may use your information for compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
3.1 Vendors and Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers to render our Services, including (but not limited to) website and application development, cloud hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, payment processing, analysis, security. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
3.2 Business Transfer. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
3.4 With Your Consent. We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
4.1 Security Practices. We take steps to protect the security of the personally identifiable information we collect, including, for example, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
4.2 Data Locations. MedFleet, Inc servers are based in the United States.
5. DATA RETENTION
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information or the type of the service you’re using, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will delete your information from all of our servers, including backups.
5.1 Account information. We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
6. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic A, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us. Your request may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you or from your account settings page.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. DATA TRANSFERS
Personal information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our servers in the U.S. Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
We rely upon a number of means to transfer personal information which is subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR. These include:
- Standard data protection clauses. We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that have entered into the European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Other means. We may, in accordance with Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that are in a country the European Commission or a European data protection supervisory authority has confirmed, by decision, offers an adequate level of data protection, pursuant to an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, together with binding enforcement commitments from the recipient to apply the appropriate safeguards, including as regards data subjects’ rights, or to processors which have committed to comply with binding corporate rules.
You can find out more information about these transfer mechanisms here.
8. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
9. CONTACT US
The data controller of your personal information is MedFleet, Inc.